We appreciate your commitment to us and will do the best we can to make your volunteer experience with us enjoyable and rewarding. To make sure you have the best possible experience we have created this agreement which sets out our commitment to you and what we hope you can contribute.
Belville Community Garden is committed to:
- Giving you a great experience.
- Being responsible to your requirements.
- Providing you with an induction.
- Providing support throughout your volunteer experience.
- Explaining the standards we can expect and to encourage and support you to achieve and maintain them.
- Providing a named person who will be your point of contact whilst volunteering. This might be someone other than the volunteer manager who will discuss your volunteering and any achievement and issues arising on a regular basis.
- Doing our best to developing your volunteering with us.
- Being flexible in relation to your volunteer hours, recognizing your need for holiday time and other commitments.
- Honouring the time commitment you have agreed to give us and not to expect more from you unless offered and agreed.
- Providing training required to undertake the role.
- Reimbursing agreed out-of-pocket expenses following procedures set out in our Expense Policy.
- Providing adequate training and ensure you know what to do to stay safe, in accordance with our Health and Safety Policy.
- Providing adequate insurance to cover for volunteers while undertaking volunteering approved and authorised by us.
- Ensuring that all volunteers are treated fairly and in accordance with our Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Trying to resolve, fairly, any issues or difficulties you may have whilst you volunteer with us before they become problems. In the event of an unresolved problem, to offer an opportunity to discuss the issue in accordance with the relevant policies.
- Follow up on any feedback or questions you may have regarding your involvement as a volunteer.
I agree to volunteer with Belville Garden and I am committed to the following:
- Performing my volunteering role to the best of my ability.
- Working as agreed in my volunteer role description.
- Following the Organisation’s policies and procedures.
- Familiarise myself and ask if I am not sure about what to do to stay safe whilst volunteering.
- Support the organisation’s values and show respect to my fellow volunteers and staff, and other people I meet when volunteering with Belville Garden.
- Maintaining the confidential information of the organisation.
- Meeting time and other commitments as agreed but when unable to do so give reasonable notice so that other arrangements can be made.
- Providing references and to agree to check under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG)scheme as required.
- Return any loaned equipment when ending my volunteering.
This agreement is not intended to be a legally binding contract between us and may be stopped at any time by either party.